Two Brothers Brewing Co. - The Bitter End

The name should be more like “The Bitter Start”.  I say this because the first thing that grabs you is the bitterness in this beer.  Which makes perfect sense since this is a pale ale.  After the second or third drink the initial bitterness subsides and you get more of the hop aroma coming through your nose and mouth.  This seems to be a very well balanced pale ale and allows for the sweetness of the malt to show through without being over powered by the hop flavor.  This microbrew has a ABV of 5.2% and IBU of 30.  I would say this is a good representation of what a pale ale should taste like.  The only thing that I would like to have a little more of is hop aroma.  After the beer sits for a couple of minutes it seem to disappear and you are left with just the bitterness and malt flavor.  These guys are out of Warrenville, IL and all in all seem to be doing it right.  They produce a couple other beers that I will look forward to getting my hands on.  I think the next will be their Prairie Path Golden Ale.  Here is a link to their website if you want to check them out. http://www.twobrosbrew.com/
As you can see from the picture the beer was pretty good since I drank half of it before I even got to the picture! Tell me what you think of this beer by posting comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment