Sierra Nevada - 30th Anniverary Stong Ale

First off when you read the bottle this is a combination of Sierra Nevada’s Bourbon barrel aged beer, celebration pale ale, and their “green” pale ale.  May I say it is outstanding.  This is what a strong ale should taste like.  The sweetness of the malt shines through and is well balanced by the bitterness of the hops.  I am guessing they included their signature sierra hop in this beer.  The aroma of this beer really shines through, and helps you appreciate the process of dry hopping.  Without the dry hop stage this strong ale would be a malty mess.  If you have not tried this anniversary edition brew I highly recommend.  All I can say is at 9.2% ABV this will put you on your ass quick so slowly enjoy.  The champagne top makes this bottle well worth the $10.99 I paid for it, and I almost feel privileged to consume it.  Anyways enough of my babbling…  Buy a bottle or two and enjoy it with a close friend or love one, and know that 30 years only comes around once for Sierra Nevada so live it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment